[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Thu Apr 20 00:53:01 UTC 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:55 PM, maru dubshinki wrote:
> On 4/19/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Restore_Wikitruth_info.png
>>
>> Ad nothing in the metadata suggests photoshop.
> Point taken. All the other possibilities (an admin innocently taking a
> screencap, exporting his desktop to another computer who did take a
> screencap etc) seem less likely than a disgruntled admin. Albeit, the
> shot is a bit odd- do logged in accounts really look like that in
> monobook? It's been so long I've forgotten.

Well, the photo has obviously been carefully cropped, as the personal
toolbar (which begins with the account name) has been erased.  Also,
I've only checked on Firefox on Mac OS X, but the font picked might be
able to identify what browser and OS it was taken from.  Furthermore,
as it contains the toolbox links for Lupin's anti-vandal tool, a
combination of
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Whatlinkshere/User:
Lupin/recent2.js&limit=500&from=0 and
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Special%3AListusers&group=sysop&limit=2000 results in the
following list of 60 admins(a much smaller list than 800+...) who have
installed Lupin's tool into their monobook.js file and have not taken
the easy step of removing the link-back to recent.js.

Aaron Brenneman
Acetic Acid
Adashiel
Arwel Parry