[WikiEN-l] Real-time mirrors as a net revenue _source_?

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sun Apr 9 19:40:30 UTC 2006

I say it's a bad idea. I don't know much about the phenomenon and are
trusting to your description of it. From your description, the people
this doing this are being fundamentally dishonest.

I believe that it is difficult for people who are fundamentally
honest to make a profit by serving people who are fundamentally
dishonest.

To put it more neutrally, the benefit to a transaction is likely to
be apportioned in a very lopsided way unless both parties are
following roughly comparable rules. When you are dealing with a lion,
he will get the lion's share, which will be close to 100% unless you,
too are a lion.