[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 16:57:18 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
> >> Can you give us a little more context? I can see that there is a
> >>proposal to create a separate meta wiki just for the english
> >>wikipedia, presumably because many things currently on meta.wikipedia
> >>are not really applicable to other wikipedias?
>
> Uh. No.
> The proposal born from the fact several editors from the english
> wikipedia recently decided to entirely fix meta as they believed it was
> best. THeir work to categorize meta generally met approval. Their work
> to clean meta (understand speedy delete) generally met opprobe.

This is the way I see it, too.  In general I lean towards keeping
documentation unless it's absolutely useless--and I'm not about to
make that call.  I will be working on categorising pages in main
namespace for a while, in the hope that this will help us to at least
see all the documents as part of the organisation of meta, and further
refine it to correctly mark those that are, at least for now,
inactive.