[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:46:34 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> In the past you've alleged voting blocks in RfA based on their "deletionist"
> tendencies, and this was discussed on this mailing list.  Are you still
> making this claim?

I haven't seen as much of that, lately.  The voting blocks I believe
to exist seem more to be based on social networks rather than any
particular position on Wikipedia policy.  Of course, at least one of
these social networks does seem to have a strong deletionist bent.

It would be interesting to do a social proximity analysis based on RFA
supports (and maybe also RFC opinion supports); I suspect you'd find
several well-defined cliques.

Kelly