[WikiEN-l] RfA concern

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Oct 27 15:57:07 UTC 2005

Kelly Martin wrote:

>A substantial fraction of our admins are largely worthless at writing
>articles.  In fact, there's a good argument for the position that
>people who can write articles should not be admins: we need them
>writing articles, not running around breaking up fights.

At the moment, even granting that viewpoint, adminship is still pretty
useful just for editing.  I can't count how many times it would have
been a real pain in the ass if I hadn't been able to do things like
delete a redirect to make way for a move, not to mention needing admin
rights to edit things like [[Wikipedia:In_the_news]] in the first place.

-Mark