[WikiEN-l] Unilateral action contrary to a vote from a rouge admnin, David Gerard

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:27:46 UTC 2005

> I've deleted the scabrous template [[Template:Twoversions]] as a
> blatant encouragement to violate NPOV and substitute Sympathetic Point
> Of View.  It was voted "keep" on TFD, which is complete rubbish
> because eight people can't vote to violate NPOV on Wikipedia.
> Currently protected blank.
>
> Voting is not only Evil, it's Stupid. Think, dammit.

I disagree with this; in my experience twoversions has been useful in
providing transparency to the nature of a dispute over two distinct
versions of an article.  Differences of opinion over which version is
more neutral are legitimate--balance is about judgement, not a black
and white issue.  There may also be differences over other issues,
such as style.  Most recently I used twoversions when an article
rewrite was opposed.  The dispute was over whether the correct
definition of the subject of the article was being used.