[WikiEN-l] Stevertigo's RFA or whatever trigram

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 09:53:33 UTC 2005

Dear fellow wikipedians,

Yesterday, stewards received a request to unsysop
Stevertigo, after a failed reconfirmation of
sysophood, following an arbcom decision.

Jtkiefer also asked me privately by irc to carry on
the request.

I consequently unsyoped Stevertigo.

Today, Steve post on my talk page, this comment :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anthere#Request_for_permissions

As a reminder, stewards are not here to judge, but to
carry on the decision of the community. I have no idea
why Steve was brought in front of the arbcom (well,
right, it is a 3RR issue, but I do not know the
details, and I do not want to get in this).

Now, I think in this case, the "judges" are
* the arbcom
* the voting community

And the steward is just to carry on the decision the
"judges" made.

If there is something unclear in the final decision,
it should not be my job to go reading all the
discussions around this case, so as to figure out
myself the "correct" conclusion. I think Stevertigo is
a honest editor, and he would not try to cheat on the
decision, so if he feels the outcome has not been
fair/clear, it is probable that there is a little
something unclear somewhere.

So, what I would like you to do, is to clarify the
current situation, so that the correct decision, to
desysop or not to desysop, is taken.

I give it 48 hours without doing anything, and if
there is no clarification by then, I will revert to
the previous stable situation (ie, Steve sysop) till
an agreement is reached between yourselves.

Ant