[WikiEN-l] Re: Pure Wiki Deletion

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 06:59:30 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, every edit is binary. Either it stays or it doesn't. Besides, an
> edit being binary doesn't offer up any connection to why it should be
> decided by rules and votes rather than discussion.

Nothing to stop you useing discussion. It is psoible to find a form of
wording that both sides find acceptable. This is not posible to do
with deletion. Something is either deleted or it is not deleted.

 Also, if you think
> PWD would lead to edit wars, how would you feel about an encyclopedia
> that anyone could edit: There would be edit wars galore and it would
> degenerate into chaos, neh? ;-)
>
> Ryan

You ever seen a long running edit conflic where neither side with
compramise? I have. they generaly end in one side or the other
implodeing. You know who wins such conflicts? Not the side that was
right or even the side with more people on. No it is the side which
has the greater wiki warfare skills. The ones who know how to play the
politics and their oponents emotions. The ones who have no problem
with fighting a battle for months at a time. The ones who know how to
play the intensity of the conflict so as to maxism stress on thier
oponent.

Do you really want deletion in the hands of these people? Other than a
mild interest in which of our edit warriors would come out on top I
can see nothing posertive about this aproach.

--
geni