[WikiEN-l] Re: For anyone who thought NPOV wasn't all that hard

Koltwills at aol.com Koltwills at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 22:24:37 UTC 2005

In a message dated 10/26/2005 6:09:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com writes:

I sure  as hell do believe that this list is full of messages that are poorly

edited.

Charles

I, of course, am writing from my own personal experience.  It was the
appallingly inaccurate and often racist material in articles related  to black
people that brought me to Wikipedia in the first place.   Another factor
contributing to crappy article quality is related to  the heavily skewed demographics of
project participants in terms of youth and  ethnicity.

But that's nothing new.

And no doubt, Charles -- but the editorial quality of traded  messages here
is hardly cause for concern -- and is certainly not even  a subject of
productive discussion.

dcv