[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 186

Christopher Maloney voldrani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:45:12 UTC 2005

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.  It is all very interesting
-- I'm still very new to Wikipedia.  That is, I've been reading it for
a while, but haven't edited much.

Tim Starling, I tried your proposed solution from the page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Advice_to_Tor_users_in_China,
and it works, after a fashion.  However, as I noted on that talk page
(which I used as a test), it breaks my access to, for example, the
mailing list archives.  I can't access, for example,
http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-October/031345.html.
 I get the following error message:

  Not Found
  The requested URL /pipermail/wikien-l/2005-October/031345.html was
not found on this server.
  Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What is the IP address 145.97.39.155, anyway?  Is that your own proxy server?