[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:35:11 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then you're not watching.  The existence of voting blocks is quite
> evident in RfA.

Which uses first past the post voteing and has a comparitivly small
number of votes. Due to the voteing system trying to gain the votes of
one block is likely to lose you so many votes elsewhere that it would
be a terminaly poor stratergy.

> I've repeatedly stated that I will not take a public stance on any
> candidate.  I am talking privately with people who I think would be
> good candidates, and I will be sharing my thoughts on appropriate
> candidates with Jimbo at the appropriate time.  Once Jimbo has
> announced the candidates, I may or may not endorse specific
> candidates, although I rather doubt it.
>
> Kelly

We have no process for endourseing caditates this year. There are 3
who I would really be worried by if they got got elected plus another
two who I'm strongly opposed to. I can't see any of the 3 getting
elected.

Do you think thare are any unsituble candidates on the list who have a
chance of being elected?

--
geni