[WikiEN-l] Deletion again

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Tue Oct 25 00:03:59 UTC 2005

On 25 Oct 2005, at 00:36, Snowspinner wrote:

> We can backport, sure. And they'll be deleted. Really - have a look
> at the deletion debates Eric is talking about there. They're
> appalling. In particular, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Able_and_Baker_%282nd_nomination%29
> is galling.

I dont know anything at all about webcomics, but I recognise the
notability standards problem from elsewhere; people argue that
breweries should produce so much beer a year to be notable and other
such arbitrary decisions. But I dont see anything in the article that
establishes notability (this may be because it has been fighting
deletion of course), but something that shows how it forms part of
the history or culture or influenced or was influenced by other
things would help; lists of characters and so on are just not
interesting. Its not linked from any other articles. No notable
cultural item stands in isolation; the links from it are just words -
potato, vending machine etc.

(Actually it should be linked from Dayfree Press - just fixing that).

This could all be due to its fought over state, but show me another
article that is what it should look like.

Justinc