[WikiEN-l] Recent 1-Click Answers Deal

Jtkiefer jtkiefer at wordzen.net
Mon Oct 24 01:40:43 UTC 2005

crossposted to Foundation-L list

To the board,

I just wanted to let you know how stunned and disappointed I was to hear
that the board with very little input made this deal to advertise on
wikipedia. I feel that this is a sellout and a betrayal of the trust
that us the users place in the board and I urge you all to terminate
this deal as soon as possible.  I understand that it would be nice to
have an extra income source for misc.projects however that too is
unecessary since there is most likely a better way.  I'd also like to
point out that the community has expressed overall disapproval for the
idea and is as well disappointed in the board for this at Wikipedia
TAlk:Tools/1-Click_Answers
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Tools/1-Click_Answers#I.27m_sorry.2C_but_I_don.27t_see_the_point>.
I urge you all to reconsider this before you alienate and isolate many
of the good editors and contributors that Wikipedia has.

Respectfully,

User:Jtkiefer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jtkiefer>