[WikiEN-l] Georgian fonts

Neil Harris neil at tonal.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 22:22:42 UTC 2005

I've been mildly irritated because I couldn't get _every single
language_ on the main wikipedia.org page to display properly using
properly-licenced free fonts. This situation now appears to be in the
process of being fixed.

According to http://aiet.qartuli.net/docs/georgian_on_linux_en.php,
three free-as-in-freedom fonts for the Georgian Mkhedruli alphabet are
now available, courtesy of the commercial Georgian font vendor BPG
Info-Tech. The page is not explicit about the licence, but states:

"The leading font vendor of professional Georgian typefaces BPG
Info-Tech was kind enough to provide us with the special GNU Linux
versions of some of its Georgian fonts, which can be downloaded from
this site (see the links below). The provided fonts are licensed for
free distribution by individuals and by companies independently, or
along with any GNU Linux System or other open-source software, as well
for free use of the typefaces for commercial and noncommercial needs."

This might concievably of use to the Georgian Wikipedia community, as
well as to script-system enthusiasts.

-- Neil