[WikiEN-l] Checkuser fiasco

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Oct 19 20:44:35 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>Look, I'm happy with the board appointing trusted people to use
>checkuser.  I don't  mind if this is delegated to arbcom.
>
>But I'm not happy at all about having a RFA-style beauty contest for
>people to use checkuser.  Nope.   This isn't how we do things
>associated with privacy.

Absolutely.  This whole matter of electing people is bizarre, beginning
with putting sysop condidates through an election.  That alone does not
bring out the best people.  Voting there can be no different than on
AfD.  Some way of evaluating how a person gets along with others would
be appreciated.

Ec