[WikiEN-l] So what do we do about this?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Oct 19 09:25:22 UTC 2005

Snowspinner wrote:

> A nice sentiment, but in this case naive - I slapped dispute tags on
> them, and I'm already being threatened with reverts. I fully expect
> to be reverted by morning. If one cannot even insert a dispute tag
> without starting an edit war, how do you propose that the articles
> will be fixed?
>
> Over time? They're as bad now as they were ten months ago, if not
> worse. Articles do not generally fix in the form of consolidation -
> as was pointed out in the cases of the [[Bill Gates]] and [[Jane
> Fonda]] article.

I think it's actually not completely hopeless, having waded in a bit.  I
just cleaned up [[Moss v. Bush]], which admittedly was less of a mess
than many, and hopefully it'll stay decent.  At least 80% of the
material in most of these articles appears to have been added by
[[en:User:Kevin Baas]] (with [[Mass v. Bush]] he was basically the only
person who had edited the article), so it seems more a case of one POV
warrior with a ton of time on his hands than a more widespread problem.
But we'll see.

-Mark