[WikiEN-l] Funny joke...

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 20:12:43 UTC 2005

> On 10/18/05, Philip Sandifer wrote:
> > When did maintaining the status quo qualify as a policy change?
> >
> > -Snowspinner
>
> Show me where policy says admins can go against a consensus to keep or delete.

Policy and practice and diverge when there isn't the cultural norms
to support policy.   Given current practice, not only can admins
go against a current consensus, but users also can, as 172 did
on the VfD for Category:Totalitarian Dictators

If we have a culture where do many people think that policy
is for others, and that they occasionally know a better and
more efficient way, then perhaps we get what we have.

                    -- Silverback