[WikiEN-l] So what do we do about this?

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:01:58 UTC 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Guettarda wrote:

> I see. So saying "obviously you support election fraud" would be
> appropriate
> too, and not "needlessly" inflammatory? Interesting.

I don't know how to answer this, except to say this. I have taught
freshman composition at a respected university, focusing particularly
on research. If one of my students handed me a paper that used those
citations in that way, I would fail them. Regardless of whether there
was election fraud, the article is a poorly written, POV mess. And it
is not the place of Wikipedia to decide if there was election fraud -
it's the place of Wikipedia to accurately describe the controversy
surrounding it. A controversy that led to no successful challenges to
the outcome of the election, and no lasting media coverage. Instead
of this, though, we have 60,000 words of original research.

-Snowspinner