[WikiEN-l] Why AFD works Great

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Oct 18 02:14:06 UTC 2005

Justin Cormack wrote:

> Fair enough - my though is if we get 10 times as many people on patrol
> can we use it as a requested articles feed? It might need a process,
> or even just a feed into requested articles (where the URL could have
> been dumped). I admit I have stopped looking at new articles now though.

I do occasionally use it as a requested-articles feed, and have written
several fairly lengthy articles starting from sub-stubs.  Honestly,
though, there is no shortage of requested articles, so the link-only
articles aren't really providing much of a service---if I wanted to
write an article and was not sure on what to write, there is a very
lengthy page already on Wikipedia for requested articles.  I'm not
inclined to allow people who create link-only articles to get their
requests somehow automatically moved to the front of the queue just
because they're not allowed to be deleted.

Which is to say, I half-agree---if people are so inclined, feel free to
turn a sub-stub into a real article.  But if not, it's no great loss if
it gets deleted.  If you feel particularly badly about it, add it to
[[Wikipedia:Requested articles]] after you delete it.

-Mark