[WikiEN-l] Silverback, indefinite block in order?

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 15:07:18 UTC 2005

> I am not involved, and 172 supporting my RfB has nothing to do with it. In
> fact if you check the arbcom pages you'll see I opposed 172.

You were involved, perhaps what you mean is that you feel you
were objective.  I believe you thought you were, but in the real
world, actions can appear to be biased based on appearances,
so in procedural just appearances get emphasized,  in lieu,
of have personal knowledge of the persons motives.

> But after
> seeing all this crap he puts up with I think that I'll end up supporting.
> Silverback has been attacking 172, trolling, being a level 19 revert
> warrior, and is all around raising the stress for everyone involved. In fact
> he'll probably end up in front of the arbcom, and I'm tempted to
> indefinitely block just to save them work. He's turning into another Tern, a
> user who I block for a short period of time, whines on the mailing list,
> doesn't seem to let up anything, and will probably end up blocked
> indefinitely. I'm also really tired of the political hatred and right wing
> POV pushing by Silverback. Would anyone object to indefinitely blocking him?

Procedural justice is a pain, it just slows things down, and worries about
stuff like the actual evidence instead of just "insightful" characterizations of that
evidence as "crap", I note that when you blocked me you prejudged
issues that were the subject of an RfC.  This form of "justice" has
been found to be unreliable, try following the procedures.

You seem comfortable labeling people, perhaps we have
that in common.   I don't take offense, it the label is slightly
off, I offer my own opinion of what of what the label should be.
BTW, I could have used your help on "right wing politics",
I couldn't get libertarian labeled right wing there.

Here is how I respond to a mischaracterizion, even if it is
close to the mark.  Note that it is more of a chuckle than
an "I am a victim" whine:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3ACommodore_Sloat&diff=24803660&oldid=23841418

Most other labelings such as yours were not worthy of
a response.  Someone calling me "right wing" is just try to
distract from the merits of the issues.

                     -- Silverback