[WikiEN-l] Strange and unfair RfC/user process

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 19:15:52 UTC 2005

> actionforum at comcast.net wrote:
> >
> >>As I understand it, it is a blockable offence to change another's
> >>comments. Do you have a link to the appropriate page?
> >>
> >>Chris
> >

> > They are changing their mutually certified statement of dispute
> > at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_comment/Silverback
> >
> > So in a sense it is changing their own comments, but it is after I have
> responded, so it is changing the meaning of my responses, etc. I still think to
> protect the integrity of my response, etc. The should make changes in a
> separate section where they respond to my responses, etc. I am a little
> surprised that they would give
> > each other carte blanche to make changes above each others signature. I don't
> think they have all agreed to that yet either.
> > -- Silverback
>
> Perhaps in your response to the points raised by the other people you
> could quote what they are saying, to ensure that it is clear what you
> are responding to?
>
> Chris

The signed the statement of Dispute and then notified me.  They shouldn't be changing it underneath my responses.  Yes, I could quote them, because they might delete from underneath me, but what is an RfC/user doing lacking even the basic integrity of a talk page.  You were right the first time.  It is a blockable offense.   But I wanted you to know that some of the community seems to think nothing of this behavior.
                 -- Silverback