[WikiEN-l] Meanwhile, AfD grinds on

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:06:45 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Anthony DiPierro <wikispam at inbox.org> wrote:
> As an arbitrator you'll make sure that such a blatant disregard of Wikipedia
> policy doesn't stick, right? If not, thank God you're only there until the
> end of the year.

It's not my job to seek out and destroy any who violates written
policy.  If, in fact, the written policy is not being followed because
the consensus of the community is to ignore the written policy, then
the written policy isn't actually policy, now, is it?

I'm certainly not going to try to impose, as an Arbitrator, my opinion
as to what deletion policy should be.  That would be a gross abuse of
power.

Kelly