[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia and autism

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:53:18 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Poor, Edmund W <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> We can sympathize more, of course, but we need
> to maintain one standard for all.

What worries me here is that we patently *don't*.  Should we ever
block an editor who's clearly demonstrating good faith, is not
violating any policy of Wikipedia, but isn't complying absolutely 100%
with all the guidelines?  Of course not, you say, that's absurd, we'd
never do such a thing.

But this is precisely what was done to Maoririder twice within one
week of his arriving here.

Why does it happen?  What unacknowledged bit of vindictiveness
existing in the human spirit enabled this to be done by people who
told themselves that they were doing so for the best of motives?