[WikiEN-l] The 3RR is an electric fence, not an entitlement.

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 08:19:56 UTC 2005

------------- Original message --------------

On 10/10/05, Tony Sidaway wrote:

 > > Wrong, it hasn't gotten worse, at least Batista is no longer
 > > called a dictator, as he once was. That is how much the clique, did
 > > not want Castro labeled a dictator. Note that Batista still has a regime,
 > > which has been regarded as POV on other pages. Batista did not shoot
 > > people trying to escape Cuba, Castro does.
 >
 > Well, do you not see that all you're talking about is a tit-for-tat affair?
 > What does the issue of killing people trying to escape Cuba have to do with
 > the question of whether we call Batista or Castro dictators? Both of them
 > instituted a government by force of arms, so they would both fit the
 > traditional standard. Shah Pahlavi, for that matter, when dismissed by
 > Massadeq, was reinstalled by military force, so I guess we could call him a
 > dictator too. But the editors of the Pahlavi article, for whatever reason,
 > are not squabbling.

You can call it tit-for-tat, but when a clique has control of a page, and is
claiming a certain standard in rejecting your edits such as "dictator" being
POV and pejorative even when applied to a world class dictator like
Fidel Castro, you can at least embarass them some with their hypocrisy
if they insist on maintaining the term for a petty corrupt dictator such
as Batista.  His oppression only extended to the measures necessary
to keep him in power and luxury.  There  is a difference between
being anti-democratic for selfish reasons, and essentially enslaving
(because they can't leave) a pool of cheap labor to implement
your grand plans for the economy.
                   -- Silverback