[WikiEN-l] Re: Collaboration of the week activity

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 23:45:40 UTC 2005

Chris Jenkinson wrote:

> Ryan Norton wrote:
>
>> The article improvement drive is stagnating too. Due to people going
>> back to school, perhaps?
>
> One thing I thought of was the increasing number of topical CotW
> projects, which might have caused people to move towards topics they
> are interested in rather than the general CotW.

Sometimes this is a product of people wanting to start projects
themselves, rather than help with projects others have started. The same
phenomenon among programmers explains many of the Linux distributions
out there. In both situations, it would often be more useful to the
community for people to improve the stuff that's already there.

--Michael Snow