[WikiEN-l] The 3RR is an electric fence, not an entitlement.

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 12:38:52 UTC 2005

------------- Original message --------------
> On 10/9/05, actionforum at comcast.net wrote:
>
> I'd be more impressed if you could
> > get fair representation for anarcho-capitalism on the anarchism
> > page,

> Currently seems to have a pretty fair three-paragraph summary, and a link to
> a full article on the subject.

That is not the point, that is after a long edit war, that you seem to
think isn't necessary.  It is still not up in the introduction as one of
the major branches of anarchism.  Review the history.

> or if you could get Castro properly labeled as a dictator.
>

> The correct description is apparently "Presidente del Consejo de Estado" or
> just "Presidente", or alternatively "Comandante en Jefe". Nobody seems to be
> able to get those titles into the article. Instead we have squabbling over
> whether to call him a "ruler" or a "dictator". Edit warring does not help
> this, it makes it worse.

Wrong, it hasn't gotten worse, at least Batista is no longer
called a dictator, as he once was.  That is how much the clique, did
not want Castro labeled a dictator.  Note that Batista still has a regime,
which has been regarded as POV on other pages.   Batista did not shoot
people trying to escape Cuba, Castro does.  The spanish title and a
literal translation probably deserves mention in the english version, although
probably not in the intro.

> Now the late Shah of Iran has similar problems. Somebody keeps trying to run
> off with "His Imperial Majesty " and "Aryamehr".

> Or how about getting what everybody expects to be called
> > communism, the communist state, and criticisms of it on
> > the communism page.
>
> I'd expect a description of an ideology, and some general history, under an
> -ism.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism
>
> For communist states we have an article with the completely unsurprising
> title "Communist state".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_state
>
> For the Communist International, there's an article called "Comintern".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comintern

In the english speaking world the cold war was fought against
communism, not a stateless, classless system where all property
is held communally.  It is anarcho-communism not state communism
that should be the subsidiary page.

> Do you ever try the hard stuff on a page with a clique suppressing
> > other POVs?
>
> There is a dispute resolution process for the serious stuff, you know.

We would end up having to abjudicate every edit.
                -- Silverback