[WikiEN-l] Response to Nick Carr on Wikipedia and Web 2.0

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:04:39 UTC 2005

>Honestly if I'd been faced with a choice between thoroughly copy editing
>Jane Fonda, and reading one of Carr's articles all the way through just
>once, I'd go for Jane every time. He could have said it all in three
>paragraphs. But I suppose that if you remove the references to mysticism and
>evangelism you get down to an observation that's so commonplace that it can
>only provoke the response: "so what?"

He's a Harvard business professor. See http://www.nicholasgcarr.com/ -
restating the obvious is his stock in trade ;-)

But in fairness, look at what he's responding to. "Web 2.0" is a
Wired/Negroponte dot-com wank phrase.

I've chucked it on my LJ as well:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/reddragdiva/249008.html

- d.