[WikiEN-l] a valid criticism

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 22:00:45 UTC 2005

> Do we really need to discuss in detail incidents in 2005 where someone
> spat at her at a book signing? That one guy in Kentucky won't show her
> films in his cinemas?

It depends on the level of detail, on a recent news item,
I think we should consider what level of detail would
still be notable 1 or 5 years from now.  The persistence of
resentment against Jane Fonda is a notable part of her life,
and that she got spat on, and her movies get boycotted
probably will still notable after her death.

Contrast that with the Iraq War, a particular incident like
the recent British conflict with some local Iraqi police,
although probably more important in the scheme of things,
probably won't be encyclopedic unless it becomes some
kind of persistent international incident.  If it doesn't
it surely wouldn't be in some encyclopedia article 1 or
5 years from now.

Notability depends on the subject.

            -- Silverback