[WikiEN-l] Tag-teaming (was: Fvw's abuse of admin powers)

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 02:57:48 UTC 2005

> Let's not continue subject tags that imply someone is guilty. Most of
> the time it's a baseless complaint from someone who was banned or
> blocked for a very good reason.
>
> I have changed the Subject in the e-mail thread as follows:
>
> * Tag-teaming (was: Fvw's abuse of admin powers)
>
> And when you reply to _this_ message, please strip off the part in
> parentheses, so it looks like this:
>
> * Tag-teaming

Maybe the next reply can strip it off.  By accusing Fvw of abuse I was making a point, and that point was not the Fvw is somehow worse than other admins, but rather to make the point that using a system to implement 24 hour blocks that for a long time has been known to routinely block people for much longer is an abuse of admin powers.  Regardless of the fact that some oppose the 3RR rule, when the prescribed punishment is a 24 hour block, putting someone in a system that almost certainly will result in a longer block without careful monitoring and intervention by the admin is abusive.  Of course having to track the times to make sure this abuse does not happen is a burden for the admins, and they should not be put in this position.  The admins should insist the blocking software be fixed, or refuse to use it, rather than abuse either by intent or oversight.
                        -- Silverback