[WikiEN-l] Re: Paper is not paper

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Oct 5 12:23:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 14:10 +0200, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> I heard one that the total sum of all human knowledge has doubled very
> second year for the past few decades. As in: The scientists doing
> research between 2003 - 2005 learned more things than everything they
> knew in the beginning of 2003. So if we want to keep Wikipedia's
> coverage as broad and deep as it is today, the number of articles have
> to double every other year.

{{unverified}} - reference please. Sounds implausible to me. And
research isnt about "things" in general.

The steady state growth once we have caught up on the backlog of stuff
that we know now should be tehre is an interesting question. Also
whether people will become less interested in contributing as more is
filled in.