[WikiEN-l] Afd nominations

Ryan Norton wxprojects at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 10:12:40 UTC 2005

> Yes. The opposed groups are not "inclusionists" versus deletionists,
> but *contributors* versus deletionists. (This is still the case even
> though the deletionists contribute elsewhere.) Then the deletionists
> wonder why the contributors get so damn stroppy.

LOL, that's kind of silly. I guess those are the same contributers that
made "Greasy Cannonball", LOL. Seriously though, many of us go to VfD
to kill original research and other nonsense and vanity. It would be
nice if we had people like you participating there rather than just
complaining about the system, as it were :).

Believe it or not, it does work quite well considering the
alternatives. Sometimes it takes multiple VfDs, sometimes it ends up on
VfU etc.. But eventually it does work - thanks to the work of the
people who populate VfD (the people you seem to live to hate, LOL :)).

Hate a little WP:FAITH in the system, it does work quite well. Maybe
you should talk about it on the talk page of WP:AfD - its a rather
low-traffic talk page comparatively.

Thanks,
Ryan

[[User:RN]] at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RN