[WikiEN-l] Do 3RR rules favor the contributer or the deletionist?

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 00:23:43 UTC 2005

> Folks, let me suggest that there's a trick to avoiding this kind of hassle.
> Don't edit war.

That is my philosophy too, but when facing editors that fail to respond with valid points on the talk page and just want the page their own way, I revert, so as not to allow their behavior to be rewarded.  I attempt to scrupuluously avoid a warlike demeanor, in the face of unreasonable behavior.  Perhaps technically it is edit warring.  8-)     Stopping the war would reward the behavior of the other party in starting it, and such reinforcement of the behavior after such long persistance would unfortunately be the strongest possible reinforcement.  One must either give in right away to those presuming ownership of a page or commit to warring forever or reach a compromise that is not too rewarding.  Unfortunately, the current text is already too great a compromise, which I mistakenly offered too early in the process, but it is where I must draw the line.

            sincerely, Silverback