[WikiEN-l] Taking your eyes off the ball

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 08:58:16 UTC 2005

Justin Cormack wrote:

>I dont find the featured article process very interesting. There are
>lots of articles that are of that quality
>but I dont feel any real incentive to nominate. And quite a few of
>the FAs are not very good. Articles that I
>care about are getting better, much better and thats more important
>to me. What are FAs for? What percentage
>of articles do you expect to be FAs?

Seconded. There's lots of really good articles, but the actual FAC
process is a *stupid* amount of work to *expect* anyone to go through
in my direct experience. I don't see how it can scale as Raul expects
it to.

(This may be an interesting side-effect of the article rating feature:
seeing what articles are actually rated highly by the readers and
seeing if they can get just that little bit of polish.)

- d.

- d.