[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 10

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:29:09 UTC 2005

On 10/2/05, Mark Pellegrini <mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:
>  (If it were not for the featured articles, who would bother to cite references in an article?)

I would, and it has nothing to do with FA.  I've referenced every
significant content contribution I've made over the last few months.

Somewhere along the line, I realized that notability is simply a POV,
so third party verifiability is absolutely critical to good editing.
It's part of my writing style now.  I don't contribute any significant
unsourced content unless it's obvious common knowledge.  Even then, I
try to cite sources because it makes better articles.  We could
ingrain this into the culture of most of Wikipedia editors if we made
an effort of it.

Anyone have any good ideas of how better to encourage people to cite sources?
--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused