[WikiEN-l] Re: Becoming more encyclopedia-like: 1: Encephalon's comments

Anthony DiPierro wikispam at inbox.org
Sun Oct 2 06:16:49 UTC 2005

> The question is: What is The Bit of Wikipedia Formerly Known as AfD
> designed to do? Is it to get articles that you don't like deleted? Or is
> it to seperate the chaff from the grain?

It's to give an air of legitimacy to the deletion of articles which a large
portion of Wikipedia don't feel should be deleted. Don't like that X was
deleted? You should have voted to keep it. Don't have time to vote keep on
hundreds of articles a month even though you think they should be kept?
Tough luck. You do have time to vote on hundreds of articles a month? Then
expect to be banned from voting just like I was. Don't even bother asking
for a reconsideration. No, a mighty quorum of 7 out of the 450,000
Wikipedians have spoken, and 5 out of those 7 wanted it deleted. That's
right, 5 out of 450,000 - a consensus!

Anthony