[WikiEN-l] Using Talk pages to influence Google results (Most read US newpaper blasts Wikipedia)

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:30:50 UTC 2005

  I wasn't aware that Google results were influenced by material on Talk pages.
If this is true, it explains instances in which I have seen anons post some
ideological screed in the article, have it removed, and then re-post it
repeatedly into the article's Talk page.  Is this actually that effective a
tactic for using Wikipedia as a soapbox?

                                  Jason

Quoting slimvirgin at gmail.com: