[WikiEN-l] How is validation supposed to work?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:03:19 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:
> Yeah, just putting new toys online to see what happens is really a
> stupid idea.
>
> Thankfully, we never tried such nonsense at Nupedia. Who knows what we
> would have ended up with, instead of the twenty-plus high-quality
> articles we now have after years of hard labor.
>
> Magnus

Well I supose we could have a go at guessing in advance:

Validation wars with forums ganging up to vote for/against certian
articles. evidence (no way should it be rated that high:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/276616

Trolls will follow around users they don't like rateing their articles to zero.

An equiverlent of schoolwatch will turn up and start rateing all of a
certian type of article to exelent

The anglo-american spelling war will use article validation as a new
battle field.

We will disscover that our articles on pokemon and explodeing wales
are our most valued.

at least one arbcom case will result from the switching on of this feature.

So all in all bussiness as usal and nothing to worry about (well no
more than there normaly is). People will use it to cause trouble but
unless we lock the database people are always going to be able to
cause trouble.

--
geni