[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was Howdidthis happen (comixpedia??))

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:24:21 UTC 2005

Bryan Derksen wrote:

>  People also suggest things like "clean up spelling" or "remove the
> bright purple tables" or whatever, and those are often good ones too.

The problem being, I can remove the bright purple tables and correct the
spelling while the article's still in AFD (if I think it's worth it, I
wouldn't do that for a very probable deletion candidate...) What I
*can't* do is speedy merge, because it's strictly verboten to mess with
the AFD tag. So, I've got to *vote* merge and hope that somebody
listens, or I have to revisit the article after the AFD is over (if I
don't forget about it).

grm_wnr