[WikiEN-l] Re: Help needed for helpdesk-l

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:08:03 UTC 2005

On 11/13/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:

> > More here:
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PR_department
>
> Thanks, found the link to the OTRS -- but it asked me for a
> username/password, didn't accept my normal Wikipedia log-in, and didn't
> provide a mean to create a new account. How are users supposed to ask a
> question on this?

A question on what? On the OTRS self, or about Wikipedia/media? The
meta page lists all the contacts.

All of the "departments" listed there are
<insert-prefix-listed-on-meta-page-here>@wikimedia.org or
wikipedia.org addresses, advertised on various wikis and places and
end up on the OTRS.

If you are ready to help and want an account there, ask the people in
charge of the queue you can help with (ie. probably info-en in your
case).

Enquiries ending up in the OTRS vary from "we'd like to give you a
million servers" to "Have you noticed your site is editable?". In
between, the usual copyvios and libel claims...

Note that to have an account on OTRS, you must be ready to use "a"
real name and not disclose sensible information that may go through
the wrong queue.

Cheers,

Delphine
--