[WikiEN-l] Re: Press badges

Jason Y. Lee jylee at cs.ucr.edu
Wed Nov 2 04:12:51 UTC 2005

The Accreditation policy below requires someone to be a writer for
several articles on Wikinews.  It doesn't quite fit for any person who
wants an accreditation for a press badge as a photographer.  The reason
behind my wondering over press badges is that I live in Southern California,
a place where there is opporunity to meet a celebrity.  I have no doubt,
the same applies to anyone living in other parts of the world when it comes
to sports figures and the like.  The thing is that a photograph of a famous
person on the English Wikipedia is usually a press or licensed photograph
from a professional photographer... unless the copyright has previously
expired on the photograph or they are a public figure of government, which
of course means their photograph we get is public domain.  But how do deal
with trying to get a photograph of a television star without having any of
the copyright restrictions?  The only answers I can think of is to ask the
publication to copyleft it, or take a picture of your own.

--
Jason Y. Lee
AKA AllyUnion