[WikiEN-l] Non-commercial only and By Permission Only Images to be deleted

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu May 19 15:33:21 UTC 2005

Excellent, Jimbo, thanks for this declaration. My guess would be that
much of the material will simply be retagged as fair use. If the
approach on Wikinews works out, we could then move towards a fair use
whitelist, which could include

- album and book covers
- important historical photos
- logos
- screenshots
- publicity photos
- material that is very old but not yet PD, orphaned works
- ...?

These could then all get their own templates, e.g.

{{Fair use - screenshot}}
{{Fair use - publicity}}

while the generic {{Fair use}} template would be deprecated and images
without a ''specific'' tag would be deleted.

I suggest reviewing the situation again in two months or so.

All best,

Erik