[WikiEN-l] e-mails to wikien-l being dropped

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Jun 30 20:44:45 UTC 2005

Nathan J. Yoder (njyoder at energon.org) [050701 06:26]:

> It appears that my e-mails to this list are being dropped by the
> moderator, just so people know why I haven't been able to respond. In
> case this one isn't dropped too, you should know that David Gerard,
> one of the arbs on my RfA is the one who is censoring me.
> How can arbitrators not claim bias when they're engaging in active
> censorship?  I can't respond on Wikipedia now and now not even on this
> list.

I dropped your messages for the attacks contained therein; I let this one
through for having a lot fewer of them. The remaining readers of wikien-l
are largely sick of fifty-message threads of querulous ranting, so they're
not being encouraged. You don't have some sort of intrinsic right to rant
as you please here; you can be sure at least a few of the many admins
reading this list will have looked into the incidents upsetting you.

And I must point out that you always have the option of not making personal
attacks in your posts.

You appear to take anything said about you that you don't like as an
attack, yet are unable to perceive your own attacks on others. The
reference to [[Wikipedia:No personal attacks]] should be all a reasonable
person needs; that you don't seem to get it should not ultimately be anyone
else's problem.

The wikien-l admins really don't like work, so try to avoid it as far as
possible. But letting the list turn to querulous ranting is leading to
(fairly justified IMO) complaints. So we'll be trying harder to stop the
rubbish at a sensible point.

- d.