[WikiEN-l] Protoscience category

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Wed Jun 29 13:26:59 UTC 2005

>I raise an objection: that's not what it's called in English (my overriding
>objection), and "pseudo-medicine" is an invented term hence original
>research.

Very well, you're probably right.

I think I've said my piece on this topic and I've
got a better idea of the various opinions of other
community members. It seems we have reached the typical
Wikipedian conclusion of calling a truce on a status
quo which is unacceptable to everyone :)

At any rate I will proceed with caution in any
changes I make to these articles and categories.

>The current article on [[Alternative medicine]] has suffered a bad case of
>Gohde and could do with a lot of cleaning up, but the Category links to
>Pseudoscience and Protoscience get the point across IMO (having as it does
>both).

Currently the Protoscience category includes such
topics as String theory and Quantum gravity as well
as Phrenology (old debunked non-sense) and Biorythm
(recent debunked non-sense). To me it does not seem
that these things have enough in common to be usefully
included in the same category.

Regards,
Haukur