[WikiEN-l] Newpages and rc patrollers needed

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:16:42 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Fastfission <fastfission at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sure this is what they are doing, but:
>
> Wouldn't it be easy to detect when article sizes or content fluctuated
> wildly and mark that as worth checking into? Wouldn't it also be easy
> to check for new articles created without any Wikilinks? That would
> probably flag a good heap of the random vandalism right off the bat
> (dedicated vandals would of course be more subtle, but that's not a
> new thing). A little red flag for profanities would also probably work
> as well. This seems like something which could be easily hardwired
> into MediaWiki -- if condition X, add a list to this edit to
> Special:Checkup or something like that. But I don't know much about
> that, and know the developers are few, so it is just a thought, and
> one they have probably already had.
>
> FF

a lot of vanadlism involves adding or changeing only one word. With
new articles anything small is worth cheack. However since using
firefox you can check a page about once every 5 seconds (you open them
in lagre batches and view the diffs) it is often quicker and simpler
to cheack everything.

--
geni