[WikiEN-l] Content, reason and the ArbCom

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 11:45:26 UTC 2005

--- Zoney <zoney.ie at gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S. Long term, I cannot see how Wikipedia will avoid descending into
> anarchy. And unfortunately, I can see more of the current editors and
> admins choosing to leave (yes there are plenty more who will take
> over, but it's a bad way to do things).

People have been predicting this for years and it has not happened yet. Heck, I
thought so as well when we jumped from 800 edits a day to 3000 within months of
me starting in 2002.  Whenever we get bigger, we adapt. If and when things get
too bad, then for the sake of the encyclopedia we will need to start locking
things down. I do not think we will be at that stage for some time and may even
be able to adapt indefinitely.

-- mav