[WikiEN-l] Howto write better WikiEN-l messages :)

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:11:13 UTC 2005

> Ever notice how many folks use [[Wikipedia]] wiki conventions such as
> [[double brackets]], ~~~~ for names, etc, in their e-mail messages to this
> board? :)

Aye! Let me also quip in to say that that is an *extremly* irritating
convention to use in e-mail. Most mail-readers do not support the
English Wikipedia and therefore to check out the page that the person
is referring to in the [[double brackets]], you have to paste the
thing in the English Wikipedia's search box click search and goto the
page.

So if you are referring to a Wikipedia page, and want lazy people like
me to look at it, then please use an URL instead of stupid double
brackets.

--
mvh Björn