[WikiEN-l] Re: Discussion on English Wikipedia in languages other than English

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Jun 20 13:08:45 UTC 2005

Actually, no. I have asked  a question on the Hungarian Wikipedia in
English and been politely answers. I know from playing BatMUD for
years that almost everyone in Finland is fluent in English and would
generally not get their nose out of joint should someone (on a talk
page) made a comment in English. I also know (from playing BatMUD)
that a tiny minority might use it as an excuse to express their
"Puuh." Anyway, I don't see a problem in occasional conversations in
Turkish or Farsi. After they settle whatever issue they have with
each other they can bring it back in English for the rest of us.