[WikiEN-l] I am very concerned by the arbcomm decision against jguk

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jun 18 20:45:38 UTC 2005

No, it sets the precedent you cannot impose the particular usage you
prefer on the rest of the world, especially on groups who are
offended by that usage. It is more an elaboration of our general
policy on courtesy. Another aspect of the decision is that you cannot
unilaterally declare your preference Wikipedia policy without having
it adopted as an actual policy.

Fred