[WikiEN-l] Readers First

Chris Lüer chris at zandria.net
Fri Jul 29 20:41:59 UTC 2005

At 02:31 PM 7/29/2005, Jon wrote:

>Now look at the article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome It
>tells me nothing. Not what one is, not why it's important. To me
>(and I guess to anyone else who is unfamiliar with what a chromosome
>really is) it is meaningless.

Agreed, the article is in sore need of an introduction. It starts out
with a technical definition, that's never a good idea. Too many
writers still buy into the mathematical textbook way of structuring
things based on their formal logical structure. But that doesn't work
for an encyclopedia where people jump around between articles.