[WikiEN-l] Borlaug feature pre-reporting; About about WP

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:52:41 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> It wouldn't have to mean more work. The rotation could be done
> automatically with a random selection extension like the image at
> http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Template:Featuredimage and the featured
> game on http://games.wikicities.com/
>
> Angela.

I hate to be the downer on this, but I'm a little bit surprised that
no one has asked the obvious question - what is the point of this?
We're currently producing about ten featured articles a week. That's
enough to keep up the current system and give Raul a little bit of
choice in order to keep an interesting mix of main page articles. If
we had two or three featured articles on the main page a day (which I
don't see as very necessary anyway), we'd have to substantially
increase our output of featured articles, or else we'd be having to
repeat already-featured articles in a matter of months.

-- ambi